RIDGEFIELD PARK, N.J. -- Although the business of operating the Ridgefield Park Library and serving its members is handled by the library’s staff, the staff always welcomes volunteers.
The staff is looking for assistance in the following areas:
- Adopt a shelf: Take responsibility for one row or section of shelving. Look at every book to make sure the books are in the correct order. Straighten the books on the shelves and shift books, if necessary. Dust the shelves. Pull any damaged books and give them to the library staff for repair or replacement. The library could certainly use help to keep things in order and the library is a cool place to be.
- Present a program: Villagers tend to be very talented people and the library loves it when they share their expertise with others. The library has hosted resident-led programs on crafts, books, the arts and many other subjects.
- Share a talent: The library's children have benefited from adult volunteers teaching art, cooking and a number of other subjects. So, if anyone has a talent. please consider being a volunteer.
- Share a collection: The library would love to hear about it and help share it by setting up a display.
- Share a great idea: Many of the library's most successful programs have started with suggestions from members.
Please call the library at (201) 641-0689. For more about the library, please click here .
The Ridgefield Park Library is at 107 Cedar St.