RIDGEFIELD PARK, N.J. – It's all about the stars, stripes, babies and youth this Fourth of July in Ridgefield Park with the 122nd Ridgefield Park Baby and Youth Parade Monday at 9 a.m.
This year's theme will be, "In Ridgefield Park It's All About the Stars and Stripes." Participants do not have to use the theme to be in the parade.
First Division: (walking singly) 1-5 years
Second Division: (walking singly) 6-12 years
Third Division: (pairs, groups, walking) birth to 12 years
Fourth Division: decorated carriages or strollers
Fifth Division: Floats. Floats must have 4 inch wheels and may not exceed 11 feet in height
Sixth Division: (visiting children) 6A: Walking singly, walking in pairs or group 6B: Decorated carriages or strollers or floats
Seventh Division: Decorated bicycles. No entry form is needed for Division 7.
Trophies will be handed out for all divisions. Prizes:
- Queen’s Trophies: Most Attractive, Most Humorous, Most Original
- Prime Minister’s Trophy: Stars and Stripes Forever
- Commissioner’s Trophy: Most Patriotic
A special award for youngest baby from Ridgefield Park will be given.
To ensure there are enough prizes, all children need to be pre-registered (except Division 7). You are welcome to march in the parade, but to be eligible to win a prize you need to be pre-registered. Click here to download the entry form . Forms must be received no later than Friday.
Things to know:
- Limit the number of adults walking with your entry
- Have family watch the parade
- Make sure the entry number is visible when passing judges (participants will pass the judges at the very beginning and ending of parade— judges are located on center-grassed area on Euclid)
- Leave at least 3 feet between the next entry when marching
All entries must be at the corners of Euclid Avenue and Poplar Street by 8:45 a.m. The parade will start at 9 a.m. A raindate will take place Saturday, July 9 if necessary.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.