HASBROUCK HEIGHTS, N.J. -- A grand jury in Hackensack returned an 11-count indictment against a Dominican national who authorities said sexually assaulted a Hasbrouck Heights girl over a period of more than four years -- beginning when she was 7.
Besides intercourse, the indictment says, 34-year-old Melkis Antigua-Cruz forced the girl to give him oral sex and molested her between February 2011 and March of last year.
He also showed her nude images on his computer and cellphone, it says.
The girl told her sister, who alerted an aunt, authorities said. She, in turn, contacted Hasbrouck Heights police, who notified the Bergen County Prosecutor's Special Victims Unit. The Division of Child Protection and Permanency (DCP&P) was also notified.
An SVU detective interviewed the girl, who provided specific details regarding what had occurred, authorities said.
Antigua-Cruz, who they said is single and works as a baker, remained held on $500,000 bail Wednesday in the Bergen County Jail.
Charges also include child endangerment and impairing the morals of a minor.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.